Question: What is the procedure for replacing a failed disk drive?
1. Go to the Admin Console and choose SUSPEND: VOLUME RECOVERY (you'll find it under "Cluster Settings")
2. Power down the node with the bad disk
3. Replace the bad disk
4. Power on the node with the new disk
5. Ensure that the new disk is formatted properly and accepting stream writes
6. Turn off SUSPEND: VOLUME RECOVERY
Try to minimize the time your cluster spends in the suspended volume recovery state - do not leave that on permanently. When volume recoveries are suspended, CAStor will not react to a disk failure by attempting to recover from other copies of the data on that disk. This is what you want temporarily while replacing the disk, but not what you want for normal operations.